Tis the one day of the year where I, along with thousands of other people, go out and spend all of the money we got as gifts, the money that we may have saved over the year, or the money that we don't have.
This is the first year in 5 that I did not attend the Future Shop door crashing event by lining up at 530 in the morning in the cold for that one video game that I could just wait and buy later that day. This year, I had decided I spent more than enough money on my family and girlfriend so I could not really afford to go and spend another 300 dollars on myself.
I did still go out shopping that day, because what else would I do with my time during the holidays. I went with my girlfriend's brother so he could buy the Xbox One. I already have one, which I got at the midnight release last year after standing in line at Future Shop in the crisp November cold. The point here is that I had previous experience with the product so he came to me to find out whether or not he should actually get the Xbox. He previously had a PlayStation 3, and was considering the PS4. After talking to me, who was a bit biased as I've always gotten the Xbox products, he was convinced that the "Xbone" was the console for him.
After that, it was a matter of when to buy it. Being 17, he does not have much income for himself, and that made his christmas list very short and easy to come up with: money for a Xbox. Being around christmas I had suggested that he wait till boxing day and he maybe able to catch a good deal for a package, or maybe the console alone would be on a one day sale.
Turns out that the only "sale" on the Xbox One on boxing day was a refurbished console with the kinect (motion sensor) was $350. Since he had no use for the kinect, he decided to go with the best value, that is a brand new console and two games (roughly 40 dollars a piece) for $400.
Now that we've gone through the story about the xbox purchase, we see how an individual goes through the process of buying a new thing. My friend, as a consumer, was a problem solver. He specifically went through extended problem solving. He was provoked by his want for a new gaming console, and then went about his search to determine which is best. He talked to me, asked his other friends who had either the Xbox One or the PS4. He also determined whether or not he needed the kinect by finding out what kind of perks it added, and thought about if he was ever going to buy a game that required the kinect feature.
The process my friend went through really started with his problem recognition. In this situation, his problem around in the way of an ideal state opportunity. He sensed a difference in the way his gaming habits were, and the way he wanted his gaming habits to be.
Overall, being involved in a Consumer Behaviour course, and being able to watch all of my friends and family's buying habits, it's always interesting now to see them go through the steps, and which steps they skip, when buying something.

I'm here to share my testimony of what a good trusted loan company did for me. My name is Nikita Tanya, from Russian and I’m a lovely mother of 3 kids I lost my funds on trying to get a loan it was so hard for me and my children, I went online to seek for a loan assistance all hope was lost until one faithful day when I met this friend of mine who recently secured a loan from a very honest man Mr, Benjamin. She introduced me to this honest loan officer Mr, Benjamin who helped me get a loan in within 5 working days, I will forever be grateful to Mr Benjamin, for helping me get back on feet again. You can contact Mr Benjamin via email: 247officedept@gmail.com they do not know I’m doing this for them, but i just have to do it because a lot of people are out there who are in need of a loan assistance please come to this honest man and you can be save as well .WhatsApp:(+1 989-394-3740)
ReplyDelete